1. What does being a feminist mean to you?
Advocating for the equality of men and women in all spheres of society, all decision-making, all conversations, every day.
2. Have we made progress when it comes to equality? Is equity a more realistic goal?
Many women and men have contributed and continue to contribute to the advancement of equality and I’m grateful for them. Equality and equity should be a given.
3. What is your advice for young women entering their professional careers?
Work hard, take risks, and don’t try to please people who aren’t supportive of your ambitions or desires.
4. What’s one thing you wished women would stop saying or doing?
There isn’t anything that women should stop saying or doing. Every woman is entitled to her own voice, and her own way to be fulfilled and happy. As long as that voice is respectful to others, the keyword should remain freedom.
5. How can we better support each other as women?
In a room full of people and opportunities, call attention to the women you admire.
Rapid fire questions!
A woman you look up to: Myself
The best lesson a woman taught you: All the lessons of Dr. Jenn Hardy
Your favourite quote by a woman: “The formula to happiness and success is actually to be yourself, in the most vivid possible way you can.” - Meryl Streep
Your favourite female author: Brené Brown
Learn more about Sarah-Jeanne's style by reading our Insider Info interview!